Note: Please be advised that this article is no longer applicable due to the new processing of the Turkish Embassy for applying Visa for Filipinos. You can still read this article for reference purposes. Please see related article on how to apply Turkish Visa online in this website http://myplanetjourney.com/turkish-online-visa-application-filipinos/.
How to apply Turkish Visa in the Philippines?
It was my first time to apply for a Visa to other country by my own. I was quite excited with my travel as it was also the first time I travelled alone outside Asia. Istanbul is actually partly Europe and Partly Asia. Accordingly, it is the only city that has two continents. Well, I have not verified it. I got my ticket from Etihad Airways. I booked the same with a travel agency in Manila, though; I am living in Iligan City, southern part of the Philippines. My ticket allowed me to stay at the Airport in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, for 22 hours. I imagined staying at the airport doing nothing. So, I decided to get a transit visa in Abu Dhabi (I will write another blog for this.)
This blog might be helpful to those Filipino who are dreaming of going to Turkey to see the lovely place.
I have called the embassy of Turkey before I went to Manila. However, phone inquiries to the Embassy of Turkey are not the solution as they refused to give information by phone.
I researched through the internet and got their Address:
The Embassy of Turkey in Manila
2268 PARAISO STREET DAS MARINAS VILLAGE
1222 MAKATI CITY/ METRO MANILA PHILIPPINES
Before you go to the Address written above you have to prepare your documents so that your visa may be approved. The following are the requirements for visit visa application. Sorry, for those who are planning to apply for Business Visa application, this might be supplementary only to your application but this might not be the main source of information in getting a Visa.
The Requirements in getting the Turkish Visa:
1. 1. Complete the application form which is downloadable in the website of the Turkish Embassy. However, when you arrive at the Embassy, forms are also available.
2. 2. You have to attach a passport size photo in the completed application form.
3. 3. Photocopy of the first two pages of your passport bearing your personal information.
4. 4. Certificate of employment
5. 5. Your latest Income Tax Return
6. 6. Bank Certificate. There is no amount requirement but I estimated my cost of going to Turkey and I deposited it to my account.
7. 7. Letter of invitation. In my case I attended a Global Peace Workshop. So, the organizer sent me letter of invitation for Visa application.
8. 8. Hotel Accommodation. In my case again, the organizer of the workshop indicated in my letter of invitation that my accommodation and meals are all shouldered by them.
9. 9. The round trip ticket.
When you have all the documentary requirements, you must bring them to the Turkish Embassy in Manila. The location of the embassy is inside Dasmarinas Village. You are not allowed to go inside walking or bringing your own car. You have to ride the village shuttle. The cost of the shuttle is Php150. The shuttle will deliver you in front of the gate of the embassy. I intended to apply for a multiple entry visa as the workshop finale would be sightseeing in Batumi, Georgia; however, I was only allowed to get a single entry visa. It costs Php2500. Take note also that the Embassy is open only during Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. No visa application during Wednesday. Visa will be released after 10 days from the date of submission of your documents.
Good luck on your journey to Turkey.